The Eliminator Rules
X1039’s “The Eliminator”
OFFICIAL RULES AND LIABILITY RELEASE
Description of Promotion/Participation.
- X1039, The Law Firm of Anderson & Lopez, H&H Tire, Kill Your Culture, Mash Mechanix Brewing, Scales N’ Tails, The City of Manitou Springs, Tint World and Underwater Connections may be referred to as “The Sponsors” from this point forward.
- Dates of Promotion: The Promotion begins on 1/3/2022 and ends on 2/5/2022.
- How to Enter: No Purchase Necessary
- X1039 will promote the event through live liner reads, recorded promos and social media pages.
- For listeners to get entered, person(s) must listen for “The Eliminator” cue – to – call weekdays at 8:40 a.m., 11:40 a.m., 3:40 p.m., and 7:40 p.m., and be caller number Ten (10) to two-one-nine-seven-six-two-five (219-7625) (219-ROCK) Monday – Friday. Caller must eliminate one of the prizes found at “The Eliminator” webpage located at www.x1039radio.com/the-eliminator.
- If the caller attempts to eliminate a prize not on the list, or a prize which has already been eliminated, they are disqualified from participating in that round and can try back during the next cue to call.
- If the caller correctly eliminates a prize off of the list, they move into the qualifying round for the grand prize.
- One can only be qualified once for the contest.4. Final determination of winner: only one (1) winner
a. X1039 will broadcast live at Mash Mechanix Brewing located at 429 E. Pikes Peak Ave. on Saturday February 5, 2022 from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. to determine the final winner. Must be present to win.
b. Qualifiers will be given a card at the event. Only six (6) will have a special marking. Those without the marking will be eliminated.
c. The (2) finalists will have a black triangle on their card.
d. The remaining two finalists will compete against one another in a game of Jenga. The winner of that game will win the final cash prize of $2,500.
5. Grand Prize(s): The grand prize is $2,500. Prizes on “The Eliminator” list are approximately valued at $2,500. X1039 will not be responsible for coordinating any of the prizes on the eliminator list. These are just fun prizes we came up with for the contest. The actual prize is simply $2,500 for the winner to spend how they see fit. X1039 will not be responsible for any costs incurred over $2,500.
6. Eligibility and Limitations. All winners of X1039’s Radio contest must be at least eighteen (18) years of age or older. Winner must provide X1039 with their social security number, complete a W-9 form if prize is over $600, and must sign an Affidavit of Eligibility and a Release and Waiver from all liability against X1039, its sponsors, employees and affiliated companies for any injury or loss which may occur from the contestant’s participation in the contest or from use of any prize which is awarded.
a. Employees of The Sponsors, the Promotion’s participating sponsors and their advertising agencies, and members of the immediate family of any such persons are not eligible to participate and win. The term “immediate family” includes spouses, siblings, parents, children, grandparents and grandchildren, whether as “in-laws” or by current or past marriage(s), remarriage(s), adoption, co-habitation or other family extension, and any other persons residing at the same household whether or not related.
7. Entry Forms. Entries must be handwritten (except on-air or website entries). No photocopies or mechanical reproductions of entry forms are permitted.
8. Publicity; Privacy. By participating, all participants and winner(s) grant The Sponsors and its promotional partners exclusive permission to use their names, characters, photographs, voices and likenesses in connection with promotion of this and other Promotions and waive any claims to royalty, right or remuneration for such use. By participating in the Promotion, participants agree that The Sponsors may disclose personal information obtained from participants in the Promotion to third parties and use such information for marketing and other purposes.
a. If the winner is unable to meet the above criteria stated in rules 6-9, then they will become ineligible to win “The Eliminator” and a runner-up will be selected.
9. The winner will forfeit all prizes not claimed within thirty (30) days.
10. Release. By participating, each participant and winner waives any and all claims of liability against The Sponsors, their employees and agents, for any personal injury or loss which may occur from the conduct of, or participation in, the promotion, or from the use of any prize. In order to receive a prize, participants must sign an official waiver form provided by the sponsors.
11. Rules. Additions or deletions to these rules are subject to the discretion of the sponsors, and may be enacted without notice at any time during the promotion dates.
12. Taxes. Any valuation of the prize(s) stated above is based on available information provided to the sponsors, and the value of any prize awarded to a winner may be reported for tax purposes as required by law. All federal/state/local taxes are the winner’s sole responsibility. Insurance coverage, registration and title transfer fee are also the winner’s sole responsibility. Winners must provide the sponsors with valid identification and a valid social security number before any prize will be awarded. Any person winning over $600 in prizes will receive an IRS form 1099 at the end of the calendar year and a copy of such form will be filed with the IRS.
13. X1039 will not be responsible for prizes not delivered by participating clients as a result of “going out of business” or any other reason.
14. Decisions. By participating in the promotion, participants agree to be bound by the decisions of the sponsors. The sponsors reserves the right to disqualify any participant or winner and may refuse to award any prize to a person who is ineligible, violated any rule or provided false information. If the conduct or outcome of the promotion is affected by human error, any mechanical or technical errors, malfunctions or failures of any kind, or any event beyond the control of the sponsors. The sponsors reserves the right to terminate this promotion or make such other decisions regarding the outcome as the sponsors deems appropriate. All decisions will be made by the sponsors and are final.
15. Miscellaneous. Each winner must submit proof of eligibility and sign The Sponsor’s release form to claim the prize. No purchase necessary to participate or win. Void where prohibited. The Sponsor’s disclaim any responsibility to notify participants of any aspect related to the conduct of the Promotion. Written copies of these rules are available 24/7 at www.x1039radio.com, and during normal business hours at The Sponsor’s locations and by mail upon written request with a stamped, self-addressed return envelope to X1039, 1805 E. Cheyenne Rd. Colorado Springs, Colorado, 80905.
WINNER UNDERSTANDS THE PRIZE IS JUST ACTUALLY $2,500. WINNER AGREES THAT THEY ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL APPLICABLE TAXES INCURRED ON PRIZES RECEIVED.