Marshall Fire Resources

Information on how to help or get help

Please find below information about how to access behavioral health support and the next steps to take related to insurance and financial assistance, or how to donate to victims. President Biden today approved the Colorado Disaster Declaration making federal funding available to affected individuals in Boulder County. Assistance can include grants for temporary housing and home repairs, low-cost loans to cover uninsured property losses, and other programs to help individuals and business owners recover from the effects of the disaster.


The Boulder Office of Emergency Management is now accepting monetary donations and volunteers. For more information, click here.

  • Donations can also be made in the form of goods or services. That includes physical materials, food, water, and health/mental health services. For more information, click here.
  • Monetary donations can be made through various outlets:
    • The Boulder County Wildfire Fund with Colorado Gives.
    • Sister Carmen is taking limited donations that can be dropped off at 655 Aspen Ridge Drive, Lafayette, CO at the East entrance. They are accepting cash and gift cards to Walmart, Target, Costco, and local restaurants.
  • If you have shelter to offer displaced residents, please sign up to be a verified host with Airbnb’s Open Homes Program.
  • The YMCA of Northern Colorado at 2800 Dagny Way, Lafayette is no longer accepting donations. They posted on twitter they’ve received enough, but will update if they need more.
  • A Facebook page is available for people able to assist with the transportation of animals.
    McDivitt Aims to Raise $20,000 for Marshall Fire Relief

    McDivitt Law Firm will be matching donations up to $10,000 over the next several weeks to help raise funds for the communities in Boulder County affected by the fire.

    Denver, CO., January 6, 2022 – With the tragic fire that occurred last week in Boulder County,
    McDivitt Law Firm is offering to match donations to Red Cross for up to $10,000 to help the
    recovery process in the community. McDivitt invites the public to donate in the link provided
    below and we will match each donation until we reach the goal of $20,000. There are currently
    approximately $97,000 in contributions so far, and when that number reaches $107,000,
    McDivitt will contribute $10,000 more.

    In addition to providing financial relief, McDivitt Law Firm is also offering the services of Mike
    McDivitt to personally review individuals’ homeowner’s and renter’s insurance policies and help
    answer any questions they may have about the process of their claim. This service is free of
    charge. Mike McDivitt has decades of legal experience and expertise in Colorado insurance law.
    He can be reached directly at 303-500-5000.

    McDivitt Law Firm has set up a resource page for people affected by the fires in Boulder County,
    which helps answer questions about different coverages on homeowner’s and renter’s
    insurance along with useful tips for navigating the process. Another way to contact Mike
    McDivitt is by filling out the form on this web page, and he will be in contact shortly after.

    In the wake of this horrible local event, McDivitt Law Firm is hoping to help inspire some support
    from the community to raise funds for those who have been affected. The free support from
    Mike McDivitt is another avenue with the hopes of supporting those who need it most.
    McDivitt Makes a Difference.

    Whether McDivitt Law Firm pays for safe cab rides home on New Year’s Eve, sponsors local
    education programs or supports charities, the law firm is committed to helping the
    community. McDivitt Makes A Difference was started in 2007 to focus on two main initiatives
    in the community: Safety and Education. To learn more visit



Breaking 1/4/22

HUD Announces Disaster Assistance for Colorado Disaster Survivors

WASHINGTON – The U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) today announced the implementation of federal disaster assistance for areas in Colorado affected by straight-line winds and wildfires from December 30, 2021, and continuing.

On January 1, President Biden issued a major disaster declaration to make Federal funding available to affected individuals in Boulder County, Colorado.

Federal funding, provided by FEMA, is also available on a cost-sharing basis for hazard mitigation measures for the affected county in Colorado. Effective immediately, HUD is:

  • Providing immediate foreclosure relief in counties covered by the major disaster declaration – HUD’s automatic 90-day moratorium on foreclosures of Federal Housing Administration (FHA)-insured home mortgages commenced on the date of the Presidential major disaster declaration, and foreclosures of mortgages to Native American borrowers guaranteed under the Section 184 Indian Home Loan Guarantee program. For assistance, call your loan servicer or FHA’s Resource Center at 1-800-304-9320.
  • Making mortgage insurance available – HUD’s Section 203(h) program provides FHA insurance to disaster victims whose homes were destroyed or damaged to such an extent that reconstruction or replacement is necessary, and they are facing the daunting task of rebuilding or buying another home. Borrowers from participating FHA-approved lenders are eligible for 100 percent financing, including closing costs.
  • Making insurance available for both mortgages and home rehabilitation – HUD’s Section 203(k) loan program enables those who have lost their homes to finance the purchase or refinance of a house along with its repair through a single mortgage. It also allows homeowners who have damaged houses to finance the rehabilitation of their existing single-family home.
  • Sharing information on housing providers and HUD programs – The Department will share information with FEMA and the state on housing providers that may have available units in the impacted counties. This includes Public Housing Agencies and Multi-Family owners. The Department will also connect FEMA and state officials to subject matter experts to provide information on HUD programs and providers.
  • Providing flexibility to Community Planning and Development Grantees – Recipients of Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Program, Housing Opportunities for Persons With HIV/AIDS (HOPWA) Program, Continuum of Care (CoC) Program, Emergency Solutions Grants (ESG) Program, HOME Program, and Housing Trust Fund (HTF) Program funds can apply for needed administrative flexibility in response to natural disasters. For more information on applying for a waiver, contact your local Community Planning and Development Program Office. Contact information can be found here.
  • Providing flexibility to Public Housing Agencies – Public Housing Agencies can apply for needed administrative flexibility through disaster waivers. For detailed information on applying for a waiver, click here for the latest guidance Federal Register Disaster Relief Notice. The Department also released PIH Notice 2021-34, which granted administrative flexibilities to waive or establish alternative requirements for numerous statutory and regulatory requirements for various Public Housing Programs. As a reminder, to be eligible to receive a disaster waiver, the PHA must be located in an active Presidentially declared Major Disaster Declaration (MDD) area and submit a waiver within four months of a disaster.
  • Ensuring HUD-approved housing counseling agencies are ready to assist – HUD-approved housing counseling agencies have counselors available to help those impacted by natural disasters to determine assistance needs and available resources. Find a HUD-approved housing counseling agency.
  • Assisting with housing discrimination – Housing discrimination sometimes occurs when people attempt to find and access housing following a disaster. HUD’s Office of Fair Housing and Equal Opportunity is available to assist people who believe they have experienced housing discrimination. If you think your rights have been violated, you should file a fair housing complaint with HUD. You can file a complaint by calling HUD at 1-800-669-9777 or visiting How to File a Complaint on HUD’s website. Materials and assistance are available for persons with limited English proficiency. Individuals who are deaf or hard of hearing may contact the Department using the Federal Relay Service at 1-800-877-8339. You should file a complaint with HUD as soon as possible. HUD may be unable to help you if your complaint is filed more than one year after the last discriminatory act. A list of the state and local fair housing agencies funded by HUD is available on HUD’s website here.

Read about these and other HUD programs designed to assist disaster survivors.


Behavioral Health Resources

  • ​​Contact Colorado Crisis Services at 1 (844) 493-8255, or text “TALK” to 38255, to speak  with a professional counselor about any area where you could use support for yourself or a loved one, from loneliness and isolation, to stress, relationship issues, substance use and other common concerns.
  • JFS Boulder County Crisis Counseling: In response to multiple tragic events over the last year, Jewish Family Service and Community Foundation Boulder County have partnered to offer counseling services to Boulder County residents. The program offers up to $500 towards five individual counseling sessions (a maximum of $100 per session), or up to $875 towards five family counseling sessions (a maximum of $175 per session) and provides a pool of licensed providers from which to choose.
  • I Matter: 3 free mental health sessions for any youth in the state, largely available via telehealth.
  • Mental Health Partners: Call (303) 443-8500. MHP outpatient services are closed Monday, Jan. 3rd and will re open 8 a.m. on Tuesday, Jan. 4th
  • National Disaster Helpline: Call (800) 985-5990
  • Support available at each of the evacuation shelters

Applying for FEMA Assistance

Colorado encourages all individuals impacted by the Marshall Fire to apply for FEMA’s  Individual Assistance Program. Individuals should first call their insurance agents and then apply for federal assistance. Apply for FEMA assistance online or by calling 1-800-621- 3362. If you use a relay service, such as video relay service (VRS), captioned telephone service or others, give FEMA the number for that service. If you do not have rental or home insurance, please apply for FEMA assistance.

Applying for U.S. Small Business Administration Assistance (SBA) 

Federal assistance is available from the SBA to businesses of all sizes and private nonprofit organizations may borrow up to $2 million to repair or replace damaged or destroyed real estate, machinery and equipment, inventory and other business assets. SBA can also lend additional funds to businesses and homeowners to help with the cost of improvements to protect, prevent or minimize the same type of disaster damage from occurring in the future.

Interest rates can be as low as 2.83 percent for businesses, 1.875 percent for private nonprofit organizations and 1.438 percent for homeowners and renters with terms up to 30 years. Loan amounts and terms are set by SBA and are based on each applicant’s financial condition.

To be considered for SBA assistance and all forms of federal disaster assistance, survivors must first contact the Federal Emergency Management Agency at Additional information and details is available by calling the SBA Customer Service Center at (800) 659-2955.

Insurance Information

  • If you have been displaced by the fires, contact your insurance agent or company immediately to let them know where you are staying. Not only can they help you with coverage or claims questions, they can help find lodging options as many people in the area will be temporarily displaced.
  • To find the contact information of your homeowners or auto insurance company go to Insurance Company Claims Filing Telephone Numbers
  • Save all receipts for living expenses if you’ve been evacuated or displaced by the fire, as homeowners or renters in these situations typically have insurance coverage for additional living expenses (ALE) which provides them with an amount of out-of-pocket money while evacuated. Check with your insurance company or agent about your coverage. If you are unable to live in your house or apartment because of the fire, most policies will also reimburse you the difference between your additional living expenses and your normal living expenses. Again, check with your insurance company or agent about your coverage.
  • Start the claim process as soon as you can. For your home, any out buildings and vehicles, you’ll want to contact your insurance company or agent right away to begin the claim process. However, these fires were devastating and many people have been significantly impacted, so the insurance process will take time.
  • If possible, and only if it is safe to do so, try to document any damage by taking photos.
  • If your home survived the fires, it may still have experienced damage from smoke or water, or to the electrical systems or other damage due to the extreme heat or the snow and cold. As with direct fire damage, contact your insurance company or agent as soon as possible to start the claims process.
  • If you have questions about insurance, contact the Division of Insurance. The Division’s Consumer Services Team will staff the phones and answer emails from 8 a.m – 5 p.m., including this weekend and next weekend. While claims need to be filed with the insurance companies, the Division can assist consumers with questions about insurance and the claims process. Contact the Consumer Service Team at 303-894-7490 / 800-930-3745 (outside of the Denver metro area) /  or visit our website, (click on “File a Complaint”).
  • Renters should contact their renters’ insurance. If you do not have rental insurance please apply for FEMA assistance.

Recursos para los residentes de Colorado afectados

por el incendio Marshall

CONDADO DE BOULDER – Hoy el condado de Boulder anunció las casas y negocios afectados por el incendio. Hay recursos disponibles para aquellos afectados por los devastadores incendios del condado de Boulder. A continuación, encontrará información sobre cómo acceder al apoyo de salud mental y los próximos pasos a seguir relacionados con el seguro y la asistencia financiera. El presidente Biden aprobó hoy la Declaración de Desastre de Colorado que pone fondos federales a disposición de las personas afectadas en el condado de Boulder. La asistencia puede incluir vales para vivienda temporal y reparaciones del hogar, préstamos a bajo costo para cubrir pérdidas de propiedad no aseguradas y otros programas para ayudar a las personas y propietarios de negocios a recuperarse de los efectos del desastre.

Recursos de Salud Mental

  • Comuníquese con Colorado Crisis Services al 1 (844) 493-8255, o envíe un mensaje de texto con la palabra “TALK” al 38255, para hablar con un consejero profesional sobre cualquier área en la que pueda necesitar apoyo para usted o un ser querido, desde la soledad y el aislamiento hasta el estrés, problemas de relación, uso de sustancias y otras preocupaciones comunes.
  • Asesoramiento en caso de crisis de JFS Boulder County: En respuesta a múltiples eventos trágicos durante el último año, Jewish Family Service y Fundación Comunitaria  Boulder County se han asociado para ofrecer servicios de terapia a los residentes del condado de Boulder. El programa ofrece hasta $500 para cinco sesiones de terapia individual (un máximo de $100 por sesión), o hasta $875 para cinco sesiones de terapia familiar (un máximo de $175 por sesión) y proporciona un grupo de proveedores con licencia entre los que elegir.
  • I Matter: 3 sesiones gratuitas de salud mental para cualquier joven del estado, en gran parte disponibles a través de telesalud.
  • Socios de salud mental: Llame al (303) 443-8500. Los servicios ambulatorios de MHP están cerrados el lunes 3 de enero y volverán a abrir a las 8 a.m. el martes 4 de enero.
  • Línea Nacional de Ayuda para Desastres: Llame al (800) 985-5990
  • Apoyo disponible en cada uno de los refugios de evacuación

Solicitud de asistencia de FEMA

Colorado recomienda  a todas las personas afectadas por el incendio Marshall a solicitar el Programa de Asistencia Individual de FEMA. Las personas deben llamar primero a sus agentes de seguros y luego solicitar asistencia federal. Solicite asistencia de FEMA en línea o llamando al 1-800-621- 3362. Si usa un servicio de retransmisión, como el servicio de retransmisión de video (VRS), servicio telefónico con subtítulos u otros, proporcione a FEMA el número de ese servicio. Si no tiene seguro de vivienda o de alquiler, solicite la asistencia de FEMA.


Solicitud de asistencia para la administración de pequeñas empresas de EE. UU. (SBA)

La SBA ofrece asistencia federal a empresas de todos los tamaños y las organizaciones privadas sin fines de lucro pueden pedir prestado de hasta $2 millones para reparar o reemplazar bienes raíces, maquinaria y equipo, inventario y otros activos comerciales dañados o destruidos. La SBA también puede prestar fondos adicionales a empresas y propietarios de viviendas para ayudar con el costo de las mejoras para proteger, prevenir o minimizar el mismo tipo de daño por desastre que ocurra en el futuro.

Las tasas de interés pueden ser tan bajas como el 2,83 por ciento para las empresas, el 1,875 por ciento para las organizaciones privadas sin fines de lucro y el 1,438 por ciento para los propietarios e inquilinos con plazos de hasta 30 años. Los montos y términos de los préstamos los establece la SBA y se basan en la situación financiera de cada solicitante.


Para ser considerado para la asistencia de la SBA y todas las formas de asistencia federal por desastre, los sobrevivientes primero deben comunicarse con la Agencia Federal para el Manejo de Emergencias en Información y detalles adicionales están disponibles llamando al Centro de Servicio al Cliente de la SBA al 1-800-621-3362

Información del seguro

  • Si ha sido desplazado por los incendios, comuníquese con su agente o compañía de seguros de inmediato para informarles dónde se hospeda. No solo pueden ayudarle con preguntas sobre cobertura o reclamos, sino que también pueden ayudarlo a encontrar opciones de alojamiento, ya que muchas personas en el área serán desplazadas temporalmente.
  • Para encontrar la información de su compañía de seguro de viviendas o de automóviles, vaya a Números de teléfono para la presentación de reclamaciones de las compañías de seguros
  • Guarde todos los recibos de gastos si ha sido evacuado o desplazado por el incendio, ya que los propietarios o inquilinos en estas situaciones suelen tener cobertura de seguro para gastos de subsistencia adicionales (ALE) que les proporciona una cantidad de dinero mientras sea evacuado. Consulte con su compañía de seguros o agente sobre su cobertura. Si no puede vivir en su casa o apartamento debido al incendio, la mayoría de las pólizas también le reembolsarán la diferencia entre sus gastos de subsistencia adicionales y sus gastos de subsistencia normales. Nuevamente, consulte con su compañía de seguros o agente sobre su cobertura.
  • Inicie el proceso de reclamación tan pronto como pueda. Para su hogar, cualquier edificio y vehículo, querrá comunicarse con su compañía de seguros o agente de inmediato para comenzar el proceso de reclamo. Sin embargo, estos incendios fueron devastadores y muchas personas se han visto afectadas significativamente, por lo que el proceso de seguro llevará tiempo.
  • Si es posible, y solo si es seguro hacerlo, intente documentar cualquier daño tomando fotos.
  • Si su casa sobrevivió a los incendios, es posible que aún haya sufrido daños por humo o agua, o en los sistemas eléctricos u otros daños debido al calor extremo o la nieve y el frío. Al igual que con el daño directo por incendio, comuníquese con su compañía de seguros o agente lo antes posible para comenzar el proceso de reclamo.
  • Si tiene preguntas sobre seguros, comuníquese con la División de Seguros. El Equipo de Servicios al Consumidor de la División atenderá los teléfonos y responderá los correos electrónicos de 8 a. M. A 5 p. M., incluyendo este fin de semana y el próximo. Si bien las reclamaciones deben presentarse ante las compañías de seguros, la División puede ayudar a los consumidores con preguntas sobre seguros y el proceso de reclamaciones. Comuníquese con el Equipo de Servicio al Consumidor al 303-894-7490 / 800-930-3745 (fuera del área metropolitana de Denver) / o visite nuestro sitio web, (haga clic en “Presentar una queja ”).
  • Los inquilinos deben comunicarse con el seguro de inquilinos. Si no tiene seguro de alquiler, solicite la asistencia de FEMA.